A little materialism never hurt anybody. If anything, it made them happier.


Friday, July 2, 2010

a worthy weekly indulgence


Once upon a time, I had a friend named Kate. Well, I still have her. But anyway, once upon a time, Kate went to New York. Knowing that I have a magpie-like fascination with Pashminas, Kate brought me back two lovely scarves, one a bright emerald green, and the other a deep navy.

I am one to go against the grain and not follow the crowd when it comes to fashion. Looking like everyone else bores me. So when I saw the emerald scarf that Kate brought me, I fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with it.

We spent all of our time together, myself and the green scarf. Everyone loved us together. We were the "it" couple. We were so happy. And soon enough, I was christened the title of "The Girl with the Green Scarf", as a throwback to Amy Adams in "Confessions of a Shopaholic", which is kind of a compliment but kind of not because "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is a bit too mainstream for my indie liking.

So anyway, the green scarf and I travel together everywhere; I choose her above all the rest of my scarves, much to their chagrin. We are so happy together.

Which is why I CANNOT tell her about this French blue scarf. Because French blue and orange are together the most beautiful color combination … ever.

I don't know if I can purchase the French blue scarf without the green scarf finding out. This is such a pickle.